• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New London birder.... (1 Viewer)

Indio

I've always had an interest in birds so after a number of years using a standard pair of binoculars I upgraded to a pair of Leica. Yes, it was a huge purchases for me.

On my third outing with the Leica's I come across another birder and and got a 'show off bast**d' sort of comment I'm now a little concerned about using them.

Anyone care to comment?
Cheers

Indio

Hi Indio
Welcome to BirdForum.
If you can, I'd forget about that comment. I don't know any decent birders who would make that sort of judgement. If I were you, I'd remember why you saved up and bought the Leica's in the first place and then get on with enjoying them ;)! Your choice of binoculars is no-one else's business but yours. You're the one using them. You're the one carrying them. You're the one enjoying them. :t:
Hobbes

I've always had an interest in birds so after a number of years using a standard pair of binoculars I upgraded to a pair of Leica. Yes, it was a huge purchases for me.

On my third outing with the Leica's I come across another birder and and got a 'show off bast**d' sort of comment I'm now a little concerned about using them.

Anyone care to comment?
Cheers

Indio

Hi Indio
Welcome to BirdForum.
If you can, I'd forget about that comment. I don't know any decent birders who would make that sort of judgement. If I were you, I'd remember why you saved up and bought the Leica's in the first place and then get on with enjoying them ;)! Your choice of binoculars is no-one else's business but yours. You're the one using them. You're the one carrying them. You're the one enjoying them. :t:
Hobbes

Cheers Hobbes2, things can seem a bit daunting at first and theres nothing worse than fumbling about especially when people see you have the 'red dot' as they all seem to think you should be an expert!

Am planning a trip to The London Wetlands Centre on Wednesday or Thursday work permitting.

Hi Indio

how'd your trip to London wetlands centre go? Did you make it? I'm hoping to go in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Martin

Ignore the comments and enjoy the birds (and the bins). There are people who will always make comment, thankfully, I hope you find, few in our interest area. In fact usually the opposite and people go out of their way to help.

Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back