• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spoon-billed Sandpiper back in Pak Thale, Phetchaburi (1 Viewer)

Apparently there are currently two Spoon-billed Sands at Khok Kham, and a further three reported (not confirmed) at another site near Lam Pak Bia (but different from Pak Thale site - I don't have any further details on this yet).

Apparently there are currently two Spoon-billed Sands at Khok Kham, and a further three reported (not confirmed) at another site near Lam Pak Bia (but different from Pak Thale site - I don't have any further details on this yet).

They do seem to move around quite a lot at this time of year and then settle into a pattern around Xmas time. I've seen them feeding out on the mud from the two 'piers' at the Kings Project, presumably returning to roost at high tide in the Pak Thale area.
With such a huge area, I do wonder how many go missing on less visited pools between the sites, especially as these pools are favoured for short periods whilst the levels and conditions are just right.
Looking forward to returning late January.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back