• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many pixels ? - II (1 Viewer)

jebir

Yoda Eagle
OK, while you were wrinkeling your brains with the Yellowhammer, I went out and digiscoped a new one for you.

Here is how it works:
The bird picture is 512x384 pixels in size, and I will post it at reduced resolutions. I'll start with the "impossible 4x3" pixels, then update it with 8x6 pixels, then 16x12, and so on until someone can ID the bird.

A correct ID yields the full picture at once - if I'm logged in of course. I'll update to higher pixel counts after 5 erroneous attempts.

Let's see who needs the fewest pixels!

Good Luck, Jens.

-------------------My updated comments below this line. ------------------

Fifebirder made it at 8x6 pixels!!! A big hand for him!

Cheers, Jens.

---- 4x3 pixels ----- 8x6 pixels --- 512x384 pixels

Attachments

• Quiz2_004.jpg
    Quiz2_004.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 173
  • Quiz2_008.jpg
    Quiz2_008.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Quiz2_512.jpg
    Quiz2_512.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for playing with me. I have to have a break and go out and take a new picture now. I'll be back tonight.

Thanks for the fun!

Jens.

PS. The full picture is now in my Gallery: Pied Flycatcher

A bit of a help was knowing that Pied Flys are more-or-less garden birds in Sweden. As Jens said he'd just popped out (I guess not far) to digiscope it, I thought it was a good possibility.

Fifebirder said:
A bit of a help was knowing that Pied Flys are more-or-less garden birds in Sweden. As Jens said he'd just popped out (I guess not far) to digiscope it, I thought it was a good possibility.

Good thinking Fifebirder!

They are abundant in our garden along with several other species that I hope will come in sight for some upcoming "Pixel Quizs".

Cheers, Jens.

Fifebirder said:

Smart *rse! I guess that's why you're a Dr now, eh? ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back