• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to get eyepiece caps? (1 Viewer)

Hello everybody,

I lost the eyepiece cap for my 20-60x eyepiece (old Leica Televid 77) - any ideas where to obtain tailor-made eyepiece caps?

Thanks!

Mathias

Hello everybody,

I lost the eyepiece cap for my 20-60x eyepiece (old Leica Televid 77) - any ideas where to obtain tailor-made eyepiece caps?

Thanks!

Mathias

Hi Mathias,

I would contact Leica & see if they have any still in stock. While you're waiting you could improvise with say a top off a Bottle/Jar or some such container. Try & find something slightly bigger than you need then use electrical tape on the inside of the top untill it fits. I know this is not ideal but it would do the job untill a proper replacement is found.

There are (usually small suppliers) that provide a wide range sizes of caps for objectives and oculars. Just measure the diameter and order the appropriate part.

I used to have a link but can no longer find it ... they were US based.

Ah, scopestuff was the place I was thinking of!

They have quite a few useful bits and pieces. Including "bolt-style" eyepiece cases in a range of sizes for EPs that came in nice boxes but these are rather than more field ready for carrying in a backpack..

Thanks for posting those links. I need a couple of items.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back