• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawfinches (1 Viewer)

I saw this reported on Essex birders yahoo site but didn't save the e mail,from what
I remember it is on the main track if that rings any bells,I too want to get to see it but would need more details

From casual conversation ,seem to remember being told to park near the golf club entrance,then as always with hawfinches scan the tree tops as you walk down the track..?

Park near the golf club entrance (there is a no parking sign but I think that refers to the track - everyone just pulls off the road and parks there) then go up the track and keep looking!! 5 seen today (not by me, when we got there it was raining and there was a shoot going on so everything was hiding). Also Red Kite in the area - we saw it and the two hawfinches last week and several people have seen it since, including first thing this morning.

Yes ,park in layby/side of road near the blue no parking sign,then walk up the track directly next to the sign,not into the walled area,best spot is the tops of the big lime trees with all the mistletoe about 50 yds up the track on your left.

PH

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back