• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where are the Kingfishers? (1 Viewer)

pduxon

Quacked up Member
Rye Meads nature reserve has always been a good place to see Kingfisher but this year they've failed to breed.

Whilst out and about I haven't seen anywhere near the number of these birds I saw last year. Is this a general trend or am I just unlucky (or incompetent :-C )

Last edited:
I have a day planned for sitting at the bank of our local river and waiting patiently. I work in a school so all my time off usually includes my own children, but this year I break up two days before my girls and I can't wait to sit alone and just wait to see my first kingfisher. I have it on good authority that there is two on the river, I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Hi Pete, maybe your unlucky. I have been watching a pair fishing on a river 10 mins from were i live, so i can get to see them most evenings. Also 1 sighting of a female at Martin-Mere local WWT site 3weeks ago. As you say stunning birds, keep watching pete you never know.
bert.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back