• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No more please (1 Viewer)

samuel walker

It's OK to be a little blue........
My wife questions why I keep shooting the same birds.I have huge files of some species ie Canada goose,Blue Heron from every angle. I'd like to shoot new birds on each outing but,always shoot what's given to me on that day sometimes it's the same as what I have shot before sometimes new.They all lookthe same bird to bird but the behaviour changes.That's what I'm looking for to catch by shooting the same birds over and over.How about you?
Sam

I know what you mean Samuel, I must have a couple of gigabytes of Robin photos - still trying for the 'perfect' shot ;)

Absolutely! More Mallard, C. Geese, House Sparrow, and Red-winged Blackbird than the National Archives. Keep looking for that perfect image...

Mike

Sam,I understand.Sometimes one has to be happy with what is on ones doorstep.One can always improve on the pics.Maybe boring to some folks,but if you are happy,then what does it matter.I still love the colours on the Starlings.So many different colours in one bird's plumage.

Christine I share your joy for the blackbirds.I love shooting crow,grackle,starling and redwingblackbirds because they are so stark.I get the same feeling from the whites like egret,swan,gull and tern.All real stand-out birds from the lack of primary colors.The black and white only birds are irresistable subjects.
Sam

Hi Sam,

Sometimes thats how we get to understand and are drawn to the quirky individuality of certain birds. I think most of my shots are probably of Redshanks, Godwits and Common Terns.
That being the case, its rather exciting when you discover something new about that particular bird. Seeing how the tongue of a Godwit protrudes out from the end of its long bill as it feeds was a nice discovery for me. Only made possible through the many pictures i had taken of this bird.
Im sure your love of ducks is also enhanced by your collection of duck pictures.

tracker

(weather, i just love that avatar. A friend and i were known for our impersonations of the 3 Stooges......that pic just brought it all back......... :'D ;) )

Sam,

I'm with you on this one. I still take many pictures of birds I've photographed many times before. I carefully sift through them when I get home just in case I get something unusual.

Rich.

Rich
Aye love the surprises.I went out one day to shoot black backed gulls.I shot many and got home to find a common loon had snuck in doing a passable impression of a Great blackbacked gull.
Sam

Looks like a winning ticket Sam...

Attachments

• shemp.bmp
    18.8 KB · Views: 212
  • curly.jpg
    curly.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 113
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back