• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2nd Story Feeders (1 Viewer)

jward

Hello there!

I placed a feeder on a window (suction cups) on the second story of my home. I took a tall thin feeder, divided it in two with cardboard and put half thistle seeds, and half generic mix). Am I misguided, or will birds not come to the second floor???

ps. Only placed it about two hours ago....

Still, I'd rather not wait in vain. Please advise any tips in getting my new friends to visit the party on the second floor.

Thanks!

jward

jward said:
Hello there!

I placed a feeder on a window (suction cups) on the second story of my home. I took a tall thin feeder, divided it in two with cardboard and put half thistle seeds, and half generic mix). Am I misguided, or will birds not come to the second floor???

ps. Only placed it about two hours ago....

Still, I'd rather not wait in vain. Please advise any tips in getting my new friends to visit the party on the second floor.

Thanks!

jward

I would of thought they would use it, I find when ever I put a new feeder out etc... .it takes a few days sometimes for the birds to get to use to it!!

louiseuk said:
I would of thought they would use it, I find when ever I put a new feeder out etc... .it takes a few days sometimes for the birds to get to use to it!!

Thanks, Louise.

I tied a small piece of aluminum foil to the underside tonight in hopes it will catch their attention. I think this will draw their attention. Do you think so??? I saw an American Goldfinch in the <front> of my house this AM. Of course, my BF is in the back of my house!!!

#my fingers are crossed! ###

Jarrod

Hi Jward. Don't believe I have gotten around to welcoming you yet so.... a big welcome!

It was with great trepidation that I hung a hummingbird feeder off my second story bedroom window last summer. I was more leary of the squirrels bouncing off it and it crashing through my window. Well the fears were unfounded and I was graced with birds eye views of the hummers perched on the feeder not 2 feet away from my desk. It was really neat. Be patient. All it takes is one bird to find it and then soon there will be many.

Yeah, I laugh, because the first thing my wife says when I see her is:

"No birds yet."

Ha!

Thanks for the welcome!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back