• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Joy of Bird Song" (1 Viewer)

kryptora

I think that the above was a title of a book written by a former Home Secretary who had a lifelong passion for birding.

I briefly heard about it on a radio programme a while ago.

I am trying to track the book down - any information would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

kryptora said:
I think that the above was a title of a book written by a former Home Secretary who had a lifelong passion for birding.

I briefly heard about it on a radio programme a while ago.

I am trying to track the book down - any information would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

What is the name of the former home secretary?

I reckon Rhion got it right, it seems to be that book. I read it and loved it, it fits your description to a T. There is a thread in the book forums initiated by myself. If you can't find it I shall post a link for you. It has the title and ISBN number plus some good comments.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back