• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new birding site in dandong (1 Viewer)

Windy, I went to the same place where I saw a black-faced spoonbill this morning. There I saw CHINESE POND HERON, little Egred,Intermediate Egret, Common Tern,Black-headed Gull, and a Brown Shrike on a tree by the pond. Then I secret entered the forest where the black-faced spoonbill flew, there is kingdom of birds. I saw Ring-necked Pheasant ( male, female and their eggs ),
Brown SHRIKEs,
Black-faced BUNTINGs, Yellow-breasted Bunting, Yellow-browed Bunting,
Little Bunting,
Easter Crowned WARBLERs,
Arctic WARBLERs, Yellow WARBLERs, Oriental Great Warbler,
Yellow-rumper Flycatcher, Asian Brown FLYCATCHERs, Sooty FLYCATCHERs,
Daurian Redstart...so many birds there, big and small, I cann't list all what I saw there, too many. I will try to list next time, Fortunately I found new birding site, I will go there as much as I can.

Brianbunting,

Where exactly did you see the Black-faced Spoonbill near Dandong? I saw 6 on Saturday in Zhuanghe (south of Dandong) feeding near their breeding island.

Tom

the Black-faced Spoonbill

Hi Tom,
I know breeding site of Black-faced Spoonbill on the xingrendao in zhanghe, I do not expect to see the great bird in dandong but I did. I can email you
( anyone )the photos where I took if you are interested. My photos failed to upload here in the birdforum (big) and I don't know how to fix it. Exact place where I saw the Black-faced Spoonbill is in the middle between dandong and hushan park. Hope see the great bird again :)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back