• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

dandong birding (1 Viewer)

After almost a full day of rain yesterday, today is still dull, humid and the wet path of the mountain nearby , but I saw lots good birds this afternoon. First good view of the bird was
Grey-backed Thrush, then I found many of the birds, I chase them to a hill and stayed there more then one hour. After awhile birds came to me in all directions, Ashy Minivet, Siberian Flycatcher, Asian Brown Flycatcher,Yellow-rumped Flycatcher, Red-breasted Flyvatcher, Great Tit, Yellow-browed Warbler. Blue-and-white Flycatcher Untill it's dark, the last bird of the day were Yellow-napped Orioles my good bird today

Some very nice sightings there! I hope you will report more of your birds on this thread.. I am very interested to hear about what you see, particularly over the next few weeks of spring migration.

Best wishes, Terry

Delighted to see a new thread for a new site in China and looking forward to hearing about your birds, but it would be good to know where Dandong is located so I can put your sightings in perspective.

Cheers
Mike

Let me try to add a link to a map here. It's on the border with N. Korea. I've heard it's good for birding before.

Brian - hope you have a good weekend and see lots of birds!

Last edited:
Thanks Gretchen

Slightly scary place to be pointing a telescope, but the birding should be great!

Cheers
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back