• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

goritza (1 Viewer)

stoil

Hi I'm going to Bulgaria next week and have had read all of the reports on internet many people write about going to Goritza forest but as I checked the map of Bulgaria there are 2 villages in this area of the country whit this name one is next to Poroy village the other to Byala which one is the frequented by the Birdwatchers?

Hi I'm going to Bulgaria next week and have had read all of the reports on internet many people write about going to Goritza forest but as I checked the map of Bulgaria there are 2 villages in this area of the country whit this name one is next to Poroy village the other to Byala which one is the frequented by the Birdwatchers?

confusing- it's the Goritsa north of Byala, on the main road from Varna to Bourgas

if you look on google maps, you can see can the forest to the north of that Goritsa (if you want something more specific on Semi-collared Flycatcher there, drop me a PM)

As Ed says, Goritza Forest is the area on the main Bourgas - Varna road, not too far out of the huge seaside resort of Sunny Beach. I recall a very short walk off the main road to find the SC Flycatchers using the nestboxes. I think there was a small cafe by the roadside and then across the road we walked a short distance.

Also not too far from Sunny Beach is Poroy Wood, probably the other Goritza Forest then, I did not know it was called that, but Poroy Wood is excellent too, a lovely wood to walk around and crammed with birds from what I remember in a short one hour visit.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back