• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chilean bird ID Quiz (1 Viewer)

erizzo

Try to name these 5 birds seen in Chile

Attachments

• Cazamoscas Chocolates.jpg
    Cazamoscas Chocolates.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Canastero del Norte.jpg
    Canastero del Norte.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Halcon Perdigero.jpg
    Halcon Perdigero.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Perdiz Austral.jpg
    Perdiz Austral.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Tijeral.jpg
    Tijeral.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 167
there's only one Chilean canastero with pale breast AND without rufous on the head, plus with the slightly darker ear coverts it must be Creamy-breasted/bellied Canastero

Just been through all the canasteros in Lynx HBW, and I can't fit it to any of them . . . maybe the pics in HBW aren't as good as they're often cracked up to be??

Or is it Erik's Canastero Asthenes erizzoi?

Michael

Last edited:
I'm sorry to disapiont you men but the Canastero is just a beutiful Dark winged Canastero or even better in Spainsh Canastero del Norte. I'm sorry that I'm only 14 so I don't think I'm going to have a Athenes erizzoi any time soon, but this on is a Athenes modesta.

I recomend you to get the book Birds of Chile by Alvaro Jaramillo it is an exelent book (Chile has always had only a black and white bird book so this is a big step).

Very soon I'll make a new quiz for all you that now some about south american birds but specificly Chilean birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back