• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

imagic 65, any good? (1 Viewer)

smallblueplanet

Hi

I've just been offered an opticron imagic 65 as an insurance "like-for-like replacement" for an opticron HR60. I get to keep the current 20-60x HR lens, and they swop out the body.

Is the imagic 65 as good?

thanks

Hi SBP

well Warehouseexpress are selling off HR60/45 Angled c/w HR30x W & Stay on Case for £413. Whereas they offering the imagic 65 with x27 lens and case for £316 with no reduction!!

Personally I think you should tell them the HR60 was replaced with the HR66 and THAT is the comparable model. Doubt you'd get the ED version of the HR66 though!!

I had considered being as devious as you suggest Pete, but their offer is repair (ie replace objective lens of HR60 c.£110) or replacement in the form of the imagic 65. Its a bit lighter than the hr60 and new it would have a warranty, but image quality? and don't tell me to go look thru one, I can't be bothered!! ;)

anyone got one? or a review?

smallblueplanet said:
I had considered being as devious as you suggest Pete, but their offer is repair (ie replace objective lens of HR60 c.£110) or replacement in the form of the imagic 65. Its a bit lighter than the hr60 and new it would have a warranty, but image quality? and don't tell me to go look thru one, I can't be bothered!! ;)

anyone got one? or a review?

Have you considered contacting Opticron and asking them about a repair to your scope? They come with a lifetime warranty and their after sales service is supposed to be superb. The Imagic range are about to be discontinued and are generally not of the same optical quality as the HR range of scopes.

When i had some Opticron Bins they were repaired by Opticron direct without a quibble for free and returned back to me in under a fortnight. The bins were at least ten years old. :clap:

I have an Imagic 65 and I am happy with it. I don't think it would be a bad swap, although I would try and get an HR66 out of them instead.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back