• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hand holding super long lenses (1 Viewer)

Interesting technique. Thanks for the link.

But still wonder how easy it will be to reach at the end of the lens to focus with all that additions in between!!! not to mention the weight.

:) Good technique, but may require rigorous practice and strong shoulders to master.

Romy Ocon said:
I just stumbled into a technique that allows me to hand hold super long lenses (mine is 1400 mm) and produce decent pics under certain circumstances.

I'm calling the technique as "Flutter" or flash-shutter and here's the link to it.

http://www.pbase.com/liquidstone/flutter

Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Romy Ocon

Fascinating technique Romy Icon. Very inventive. I used to use high speed flash with a Nikon 600mm + converters. I soon gave up as in all the photos taken that way, the lighting was 'flat' and although sharp and crisp, the photos were not very appealing and had a 'sameness' about them. Light quality is everything in a photo. Have you tried the flash away from the camera to give some degree of sculpturing to the bird?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back