• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Turkey site info required - Antalya to Nigde (1 Viewer)

Allen

All

I am planning a trip to Turkey next May and will be flying into Antalya and then making our way to Demirkazik over the first day. Whilst I have lots of site info from Demirkazik eastwards, I am lacking info on specific sites/species for that first leg between Antalya and Demirkazik (except the site for Brown Fish Owl).

Can anyone provide any information to assist? If anyone is willing to send copies of the relevant Gosney sites on that route that would be even more useful (PM me if willing).

Thanks all in advance

Hi Allen

We are just starting to plan a similar trip next June.

This morning I have emailed Erdal Kym, an agent at Lake Oymapinar for details of the boat trip schedules. His details were in Ruben Vlots trip report (July 2011) After reading about Ruben's team finding the usual owl site empty on their first visit we are working on the basis of doing the Owl first, to then have the option of another attempt (if needed) at the end of the trip.

I will let you know what I find out.

We are going to try and book the tractor for the Snowcock ascent at Demirkazik asap.

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back