PDA

View Full Version : Birding near Yateley

ruffdog64
Tuesday 15th November 2011, 22:07
I live in Yateley and am looking for areas reasonably near to me for taking photos of birds, i have been to local lakes such as horse shoe lake but am looking for somewhere less public and filled with dog walkers (nothing personal dog walkers) where it may be possible to set up a hide to take some pictures , can any one suggest anywhere please?

Farnboro John
Monday 26th December 2011, 16:06
The best places are the ones nobody looks at, but avoiding dog walkers in the Yateley area is a bit of a trick! It also depends what you want to photograph. There are stretches of the Blackwater that are no much frequented (you might try Hawley meadows, which is too wet in winter for most walkers), ditto the Basingstoke canal.

For farmland birds there are hedges you can hide in all round Greywell, and for woodland stuff you could try Finchampstead Ridges, Bramshill forest etc. Fleet Pond is good but suffers from dog walkers as much as Moor Green.

John

ruffdog64
Monday 26th December 2011, 17:36
Thanks John I'll have a look at the ridges

Farnboro John
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 21:00
A fistful of Woodlarks fresh in on Yateley Heath this afternoon. Also Common Lizards basking on the gorse trunks.

John