• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which camera (1 Viewer)

mmiddl1

Hi
I am hoping to take up Digiscoping in the very near future and woul like if possible to use an Olympus camera either a C5050, 5060 or preferable a C8080 as i have always used Olympus and am comfortable with them ---- is this going to be possible, and if so what adapters equipment would I require, ---I have not yet decided which Telescope to get, -- Please help

Many thanks

Martin mmiddl1

Hi Martin,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum :t:

There has been a recent thread about using the C5060 for digiscoping, http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=10771

I too like Olympus digital cameras for thier quality lenses and ease of operation, however I'm not convinced they are the best of design for digiscoping. For that purpose I think the Nikon CP990 and CP4500 are better cameras.

Newer cameras have recently been discussed from Contax and Kyocera http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=10771 which may be the way forward once the CP4500 can no longer be bought new. In the UK at least the supply hasn't dried up yet.

As regards scopes, check out the digiscoping forums. For digiscoping in the UK you need the superior quality lenses under the guises of ED, APO, Fluorite etc. There are several brands such as Swarovski, Ziess, Kowa, Leica, Nikon etc. A lot depends on the design you prefer and of course your budget.

See you aorund.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back