• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which camera/adapter for swarovski AT 80 (1 Viewer)

rivieren

Hello everybody,
i have the following questions and hope that this is the right place to open this thread.
I have a Swarovski AT 80 telescope (please notice: the old version, not ATS).
1. Is it possible to do digiscoping with this telescope ?
2. Do the same recommendations fit as those for ATS 80?
3. Which camera/adapters would you recommend for it ?
Thanks very much for your advices

Rivieren

rivieren said:
Hello everybody,
i have the following questions and hope that this is the right place to open this thread.
I have a Swarovski AT 80 telescope (please notice: the old version, not ATS).
1. Is it possible to do digiscoping with this telescope ?
2. Do the same recommendations fit as those for ATS 80?
3. Which camera/adapters would you recommend for it ?
Thanks very much for your advices

Rivieren
Hi Rivieren, welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site.

The Swarovski AT80 scope is an excellent scope for digiscoping and there's no real difference in digiscoping with the older model except that the new eyepieces have slide-up/slide-down eyecups as opposed the the fixed rubber eyecups on the older eyepieces (you will need to remove the rubber eyecup to attach a digiscoping adapter).

There are various adapters that can be used to connect camera to eyepiece... You can see some of the different versions HERE The Spidertech adapter is rather popular these days. Just remember to specify what eyepiece you have when ordering.

The camera situation is rather limited, my choice would be either a Nikon cp4500 or the Contax SL300RT* as both of these allow a typical digiscoping adapter to be attached easily.

Regards,
Andy

Thanks

Hello Andy,
thanks for your advice. As I read very good comments about the Contax SL300RT I think I will wait some time until the price has dropped a bit and then try it.

Regards
Rivieren

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back