• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Variety of birdlife in Guisborough (1 Viewer)

Twitching Tom

Like RSPB Salthome
Throught the year I keep mental and written notes about what I have seen throught Guisborough forest and to the urban sprawl of Guisborough below and the variety and wealth of wildlife which lives in the small area.

wildlife in the area depends on season, in the spring and summer swifts, swallows and martins screech in the skies chasing flies then leave us in autumn and spend their winter in africa and return to us in the following spring. Other seasonal birds such as wildfowl usually introduce themselves very noisily in the autumn and winter

In the woods and town finches and tits live watching for sparrowhawks which are numerous around the town and woods,at night tawny owls are also seen but mainley heard. Every now and then we are priveleged to see rarities to the town like short owls which sometimes have been seen flying over the town and it has not been uncommon for them to stop in trees which are usually spied on by local birdwatchers such as myself. My favrorite birds in the area are a family of peregrine falcons that nest in Guisborough every year (I can tell it is the same because both adults are wearing rings of which I have not been able to read the numbers on the rings yet) and often when they have caught a pidgeon the feathers end up on our roof. These are my favorite birds mainly because they are what got me into birding and without them i whould not be typing these words today.

Over all I feel incredibly privaleged to live where I live because it is so diverse with life in general.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back