• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need help please (1 Viewer)

winwinbino

Hi,

I just joined BF less than 2 months and beome more and more addict to bird watching after learning so many wonderful birding sites in Thailand.

I think it is the time to upgrade and trying to sell some of my binoculars.
Firstly I put them in the Classified forum, but not even a single enquiry. I guess it is because most EU or US won't buy a bino from Thailand used^_^

I also tried to contact some establishments (such as Outdoorvision) and asked if they provide trade-in program with zero result.

I would like to request Thailand located members if you may furnish any information/advice.

Please note that those binoculars I am offering are good enough such as a netural Truglo 10x42, a Bosma 8x40 porro and Visionking 12x50 roof. I am just looking for better one (no alpha yet at this moment) and need the funds to support.

Thanks
Andy

Andy I suspect the real problem is most people will want to see binoculars before buying them. You might attract more interest on ebay. You might consider a post on craigslist.org Bangkok classifieds; or thaivisa.com have classifieds. if you are thai you might try taklong.com - this is a second hand photographic equipment site but some of them might be interested in binoculars. I suspect any potential transaction would be facilitated by a $US price and payment details - most people will not know the value of THB 5000 in their own currencies. FOr payment, being able to use paypal might be attractive. Just some ideas to consider ....

Dear portnoy58,

Thanks for the information and I will take a look at those sites.
For any potential buyer to have an inspection is of no problem, but what I understand is the number of people using bino/birding is very less. Anyway, if can't sell, just keep them.

I am not Thai, but have been here for more than 15 years. Love Thailand and good to know you.

Thanks
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back