• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is it early for Violet Green Swallows? (1 Viewer)

SeattleDan

It's Good Friday and I've lived here just one year. I do remember the Violet Green Swallows + others during the late Spring and Summer last year, I don't remember them being here this early.

Do I believe my memory or my lying eyes? (they are so fast, it's hard to get a good look at them, but the day is brightly lit, and they are flashing white, teal and violet at me).

I think they very well could be Violet-green Swallows. We are getting the similar Tree Swallows here in Saint Joseph for the last several days.

They are just lovely, but very fast. I finally have a reasonable lens coming next week, and I'll take ten thousand photos, to get one good one. They really are stunning, when they're standing still.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back