• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common Kestrel (1 Viewer)

nigelblake

don't re member
Hi to you all

Yesterday and today I have been out after Short-eared Owls, the star bird though was this Kestrel which seemed to like hovering near cars, Lens out of sunroof and bingo!, lots of very nice images.

Nigel

Attachments

• img_9810rsz.jpg
    img_9810rsz.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 457
what a great image Nigel. No bird hovers better than these guys and you captured him well. Good job & good luck with the s.e. owls.

Thanks to you all, it was taken with the trusty old D60 and 600mm IS lens, and yes the SEO's did show well too.

Many Thanks again

Nigel

Nigel that is spectacular.. and now what settings were you using please? I need to pick your brains for these types of shots with the settings.. I do hope that you are not miffed at my asking.
This is really really good.

Nigel, you have done it yet again. Give the rest of us some hope: how many shots do you normally take before you get a cracker like this?

Anyway, thanks a lot for posting your pix - they give the rest of us a standard to aim at.

What a corker, Nigel!!!! Must be one of my all-time favourite birds. they are as commun as muck round here, but I can still watch them for hours!!! Here in France we call them " le saint esprit", the"holy spirit, for obvious reasons. I'm off to my local park right now to see if "my" Kestrels are about. Thats at least one birder you've got out of the house today!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back