• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unexpected bird (1 Viewer)

dacol

Last June I was in Manaus, Brazil and went for a day trip to Marchantaria island, a must visit birding site near Manaus. I took the first photo below as alandscape picture but there were quite a few birds visible at the time. Upon arriving home and viewing my pics in the computer I noticed the bird circled in red. The second picture is an enlargement of the first.

What is that bird?

I believe I know the answer and will provide it later.

Dalcio

Attachments

• birdinthegrass-01.jpg
    birdinthegrass-01.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 173
  • birdinthegrass-02.jpg
    birdinthegrass-02.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 209
Blackstart said:
Purple Gallinule?

That is what I think. An immature Purple Gallinule whose frontal shield is beginning to turn red. That day I saw several P. Gallinule, from adults to young birds.

Dalcio

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back