• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB Garden Birdwatch (1 Viewer)

cjay

Due to typical town garden I visited my nearby Woodland. for the RSPB Garden Birdwatch.

Gunton Wood
Lowestoft
Suffolk
TM 541958.
2pm –3pm.

One Song Thrush
5 Robins
2 Black headed Gulls
6 Blue tits
5 Great Tits.
3 Carrion Crows
26 Wood Pigeons
1 Jay
2 Greater spotted woodpeckers
3 Blackbirds
3 Magpies
4 Long tailed Tits.
1 Herring Gull
6 Greenfinches
2 Redwings.
3 Chaffinches
1 Common Gull.

Ours was a little disappointing this year, the regulars can't have heard that we would be taking note of attendances today.

15 Goldfinch
15 House Sparrow
18 Starling
5 Blackbird
10 Feral Pigeon
1 Dunnock
2 Blue Tit
1 Great Tit
1 Robin
1 Greenfinch
2 Collared Dove

Here's mine just for the record :)

greenfinch 12
blackbird 2
house sparrow 6
dunnock 1
chaffinch 1
blue tit 1
starling 6
goldfinch 1
great tit 2

andyb

For the record

robin 1
wren 1
dunnock 1
blackbird 3 (1m + 2f)
house sparrow 7
collared dove 2
wood pigeon 2
starling 3
blue tit 2
great tit 2
and, unusually, a mistle thrush.

Sadly, no peregrines or sparrowhawks today!

But! From my window, in all the other gardens, I counted:

carrion crow 4
starling 17
wood pigeon 5
Collared dove 9
song thrush 1
magpie 5
and a flock of greenfinch that refused to come anywhere near MY garden!!

First time I've had a garden in 10 years - so first GardenWatch - and here's my list...

(No you didn't miss it!!!)

birdman said:
First time I've had a garden in 10 years - so first GardenWatch - and here's my list...

(No you didn't miss it!!!)

Oh dear !

Our saturday was a bit like that, I think we only had about two birds in the times I looked out - hence the Sunday count instead and even that had a lot fewer species than usual.

Guys and Gals,

Where have the all the bullfinches and coal tits gone. I used to see them regularly in my garden in small numbers, but none for nearly two years now.

Egrets, I've had a few.

Rob.

your coal tits and bullfinches are in my garden! although the 4 coal tits that were here earlier have departed for the forests....the bullfinches remain here in flocks of 2-6...they never eat artificial food..only what they find in the trees.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back