• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

General purpose binocular, 12x36 II? (1 Viewer)

albatrosviajero

Hello,
I wanted some information on the binocular canon 12x36 IS II, as a general level as binocular for bird watching, terrestrial and astronomical observation also.
A greeting and thanks

I sold mine. But to me those advantages simply do not make up for the difference in optics between the IS and an alpha. The Canon IS never gave that me that WOW factor when I used them. It was kind of like these are pretty good and it is cool that it is steady but where is the WOW factor. I went back to alphas. I kind of feel in a way they are a gimmick too. Kind of a fun toy.

I sold mine. But to me those advantages simply do not make up for the difference in optics between the IS and an alpha. The Canon IS never gave that me that WOW factor when I used them. It was kind of like these are pretty good and it is cool that it is steady but where is the WOW factor. I went back to alphas. I kind of feel in a way they are a gimmick too. Kind of a fun toy.

Thanks for the clear illustration of your experience and perceptions.
For me, the WOW was never an issue, certainly not at this price, but the IS is persistently helpful, when trying to see detail on a warbler flitting in the treetops or a shorebird at a distance, or something in the air.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back