• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Mustang Island, Texas (1 Viewer)

Welcome Alanolson

Welcome aboard Alan :) The forum idea here is in it's infancy. Please feel free to reply to any threads that you find of interest or post new ones about anything to do with birding. They can be about any experiences that you have had, observations or good ideas that you have come across. That way we can all learn from one another.
Just have a good time and enjoy yourself :)

Welcome from another Texas resident

Hello Alan,
Hi from another Texas resident. It looks like there's lots of interesting forums here. Mustang Island must be a great place for birding. Looking forward to hearing of your sightings from down there - I think you're probably about 180 miles from me here, near Houston.

Hi from a frequent Mustang Island visitor

Alan,

It was good to see your post. My husband and I have 3 weeks at the condo Mustang Towers each year, one week in January, one in February, and one in August.

We love to bird in the area. My very favorite spot is Hans Suter Park in Corpus. There is nothing like the fantastic assault on your senses that being at the end of that boardwalk at daybreak brings. The sounds and the sights are unbelievable - probably over 10,000 birds waking, slowly beginning their daily takeoffs, or starting their morning routine. If you are lucky enough to be there on a good sunrise morning, you'll never forget the silhouettes with a back drop of orange burst. February seems to be the best month of the three.

Probably one of the best spots in the area for bird photography is the little Port Aransas boardwalk. I've gotten wonderful photos of rails, ducks, herons, bitterns, and even alligator there.

I will be looking forward to hearing what you are seeing and hopefully to seeing some of your photos.

Welcome Alan!

Each forum is slightly different, so there is always a learning curve attached. You will find that people here are very friendly and helpful.........Looking forward to your birding contributions.

:bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back