• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kingsbury Water Park (1 Viewer)

mosie

This report is a bit late l went to Kingsbury Water Park on 23/01/03 and my list is as follows:

Golden Eye
Mallard
Tufted
Widgeon
Shoveller
Grey Heron
Canadia Geese
Lapwing
Robin
Blue Tit
Dunnock
Coot
Great Tit
Red Shank
Black Bird
Teal
Willow Tit
Shell Duck
Moorhen
Gadwall
Smew
Pochard
Longtail Tit
Little Grebe
Black Necked Grege
Great Crested Grebe
Pied Wagtail
Magpie

Not a bad list for me
Mosie

Mosie

That's a pretty good list by anyone's standards! Where is Kingsbury Water Park, by the way - in Warwickshire?

A nice list, especially Smew. Was it a drake? I have to apologise for mentioning that it is Wigeon not Widgeon. I seem to feel I have heard of Kingsbury myself. I am also envious of the Black Necked Grebe.

Peter Hayes said:
Mosie

That's a pretty good list by anyone's standards! Where is Kingsbury Water Park, by the way - in Warwickshire?

North Warwickshire, not far from Ladywalk; and near the Belfry, where they play something called "golph".

More here

Kingsbury Water Park is about 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M42 in Birmingham.The motorway actually runs past the park.There are several fishing lakes - one has a breeding colony of Common Tern alongside Black-Headed Gull.I have seen Hobby,Turtle Dove and Little Ringed Plover there as well.

Peter

If you know where the Aston Villa training ground is well the Kingsbury Water park entrance is on the same road but about a mile further on.

Just a bit further on you eventually come to Coton & Lea Marston lakes and also there are the Dosthill, Drayton Basset and Fisher Mill pools in that area as well. It is a very productive area that I visit quite often.

Last edited:
If you do visit KWP go in via Broomey Croft entrance, its nearer to the hides + the Car Park is half the price of the main entrance.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back