• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Staines reservoirs in an afternoon (1 Viewer)

SAJensen

Norway
Hi!
I'll be flying in to London (Gatwick) tomorrow at apx. 2pm and will be staying near Marble Arch.
I saw another post here about the Staines reservoirs and thought about spending the afternoon/early evening there.
From what I can see the easiest way to get there is to take the subway to Heathrow Terminal 5 - but I am not sure how to get from there to the reservoirs - and equally important - back to the subway station.

Can it be done in an easy way and is there any point going there without a telescope? I will bring a Canon 60D with a Sigma 150-500mm lens though.

Are there maybe better and equally or more interesting birding sites nearer my hotel (Marble Arch) for someone without a telescope?

I really hope for an answer this evening since I'm leaving VERY early tomorrow morning!

Thanks!

Stein Arne

Hi!
I'll be flying in to London (Gatwick) tomorrow at apx. 2pm and will be staying near Marble Arch.
I saw another post here about the Staines reservoirs and thought about spending the afternoon/early evening there.
From what I can see the easiest way to get there is to take the subway to Heathrow Terminal 5 - but I am not sure how to get from there to the reservoirs - and equally important - back to the subway station.

Can it be done in an easy way and is there any point going there without a telescope? I will bring a Canon 60D with a Sigma 150-500mm lens though.

Are there maybe better and equally or more interesting birding sites nearer my hotel (Marble Arch) for someone without a telescope?

I really hope for an answer this evening since I'm leaving VERY early tomorrow morning!

Thanks!

Stein Arne

I would've thought Barnes wetland centre would be the best and easiest option for you?
http://www.wwt.org.uk/visit/london/
and here for directions/travel info

cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back