• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gunjur Footstep Eco Lodge (1 Viewer)

olsi

Hello,

we want to travel to the gambia in november. We booked for the first week, the footstep eco lodge. I hope that was the right decision. The lodge looks a little outlying. The satelite view from google earth shows a varied landscape . Did anybody stay there and give us some practical information? For example wheter it is possible to change money or traveller cheques (for my local bank clerk I am a dinosaur;)) in Gunjur. Does anybody know a reliable guide or restaurants in this area? The lodge itselfs organise tours and guides, but sometimes the other way can be good for the wallet.

Thanks

Hidden Gambia's web site gives some extra information and links to their web site too.
It looks very nice but fairly isolated, I would be prepared to eat there rather than local restaurants because I don't think you'll find any.
http://www.hiddengambia.com/adventure_holidays/hotels_lodges/footsteps_ecolodge_gambia.asp
Footsteps web quotes a current exchange rate of 53 dalasai to the £ which for the UK visitors is the best rate I have ever seen

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back