• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common shrew? (1 Viewer)

helenol

Apologies for the appalling quality.

Is this a common shrew? (It is very very small) If so, am I like to encounter quite a few of them in the garden as well as the voles?

Thanks.

Attachments

• creature id.jpg
    creature id.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 156
Thanks for that stonefly.

I thought common because of it's light colour. Then again, I only have a photo from the Collins Brit. wildlife book to go on, which seems to show the pygmy as darker in colour. Hopefully I'll be able to get a closer look at it, now I know where it hangs out!

Regards

Oi oi H...

Yeah it's a shrew all right...what I want to know is?

What's the significance of that full stop beneath your name?
It's rather cool doncha fink....pretty gauche I'd even venture! ;)

Dave.

P.S. I'm having 1 now...

Last edited:
I used to work for the Forest Service and we could only I.D. shrews from their dental patterns.(similar species that is)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back