• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Razor HD 12x50 #RZB-2104 ? (1 Viewer)

gonz33

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has or knows this model (Vortex Razor HD 12x50 #RZB-2104 ) are new and in forums speak little of them, I'm thinking about purchase about 12 x 50 to be used in the general comment, thank.

José.

José,

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to look at the Razor HD 12x50, but was impressed with the smaller models. Up in the top league for sharpness and contrast in my opinion.

I own one 12x50 and have tried a few more, but would consider them a risky purchase without trying them first. My own pair (a porro) combines high weight and an excellent balance and is remarkably steady for the power in my hands. In contrast, a pair like the Swarovision 12x50 is much too shaky for me. Even something like the Celestron Granite has a better balance, so, though it doesn't compare optically it would be more useful to me. Others will have quite a different experience with the same models, so I couldn't say what would work for you.

Of course if you intend to use a tripod than none of this applies.

David

José -- the thread immediately below yours includes a detailed review of the 12x50 Razor HD, comparing it side-by-side with the 12x50 Swarovski.

Friends thanks for your guidance, I will continue to seek information about these binoculars have wanted to buy them for me, thank you.
José.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back