• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Challenge of Bird Photography in the Rainforest of Borneo (1 Viewer)

pummkin

Fledgling
Malaysia
Prepare yourself if you are heading to Borneo, especially in Sepilok Forest in Sandakan, Sabah, you would need to be equipped for photography.

This place must be the most awesome creation of tropical foliage in the rainforest of Sandakan but having so much thick cover, the humidity can reach well above 90% on an average day. It’s almost like the foliage on the canopy had trapped a massive amount of moisture for the life below that lingering inside is like a mist-cooker, you would be melting without even moving an inch. Lugging your gear with you & walking in the trails can cause you to be drenched wet with perspiration within your first half hour into your excursion.....READ MORE.

I'd be giving live coverage of the Borneo Bird Race 2013 from 31 May - 9 June 2013 so follow me on Twitter or subscribe to my FB for photos on-the-fly!

Nice Pam. Will see you in Brunei on the 31st May onwards. By the way, I will be speaking on behalf of Swarovski Optik on the 9th June at RDC, Sepilok too :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back