• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax 80 & Sony P92 (1 Viewer)

Greetings all...

Beacause we just moved to a viewhome here in San Diego, we said we must have a way to enjoy the scenery. I just purchased a Pentax PF80-ED-A and need to couple it with my Sony DSC-P92 Camera. Has anyone had any experience using these together? I found the Scopetronix site, and they seem to have the best devices to mate these two. Any suggestions how to make the most of these is appreciateed...

Best regards

Marc

Marc Robert said:
Greetings all...

Beacause we just moved to a viewhome here in San Diego, we said we must have a way to enjoy the scenery. I just purchased a Pentax PF80-ED-A and need to couple it with my Sony DSC-P92 Camera. Has anyone had any experience using these together? I found the Scopetronix site, and they seem to have the best devices to mate these two. Any suggestions how to make the most of these is appreciateed...

Best regards

Marc

I have coupled my P93 to a tasco scope.
Get a fairly rigid plastic bottle to fit over the Lense adaptor. Cut the bottom off the bottle and clamp it around the lens adaptor. Drill a hole in the metal lid of the bottle and place that over the eyepice thread and then crew the eyepiec back in. Can put camera on and off scope easily.

Scopetronix do have good adapters. I've purchased some in the past. Why look further? If you have a mechanic shop in your neighborhood, they can make you an adapter, but I doubt if it will cost you less.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back