• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lightweight automatic tripod (1 Viewer)

Deb P

LIGHTWEIGHT AUTOMATIC TRIPOD

Can anyone advise me which is the best lightweight automatic tripod? I ordered the Bogen 3051 automatic tripod yesterday and the shop called me back to tell me that at 14 pounds it would probably be far too heavy for me to carry. I want to add the Markins MK-10Q ballhead to it and I have a Nikon 50-500.

Deb P

Good choice of head but I didn't even know there was such a thing as an automatic tripod. What are the advantages of one?

Kevin Mac said:
Good choice of head but I didn't even know there was such a thing as an automatic tripod. What are the advantages of one?
I assume Deb means one where there's a single catch that lock and unlocks the legs. Manfrotto do some (can't remember the model numbers) but only with heavy, metal legs. I asked at the recent UK birdfair but they don't (yet?) do it in the lighter carbon fibre. If it could be stable enough, I'd really like one.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back