• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex viper HD 8x32 or Zeiss conquest HD 8x32 (1 Viewer)

JonG74

Hi guys, just looking for some advice from people that have tested or own either of these models. I currently own Leica Ultravid BR 8x42 bins, So I'm basically wanting to buy a pair of lighter more compact binoculars for a back up pair.
I've read loads of reviews on both of these bins and both are rated very highly by all accounts. I've got the cash to buy the Vortex immediately but would have to save a little bit longer for the zeiss. I've seen the vortex for £408 and the Zeiss for £559.
I'm just wondering is the Zeiss really worth the extra money or are the Vortex worth the punt. I think the unlimited lifetime warranty also makes the Vortex quite attractive.
I know people might say try both and see how they feel but my local optics shops only stock the Zeiss and don't seem to have the Vortex model
Cheers for any advice in advance.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry about that, never initially got many replays earlier today so I figured reposting here might be more productive. Impatience on my part.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back