• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frontier ED 8x43 focus issues (1 Viewer)

devans1

Hi

I've had this pair for a while now and optically I can't fault them, especially for the price.

There are a couple of issues that really bug me though and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them.

The first is that I find the focus wheel far too slow, which I see has been talked about on previous threads.

The other is that the focus wheel turns clockwise to infinity. All my previous bins and my scope have the opposite arrangement and I thought that in time I would get used to it but I guess I'm set in my ways and I find that I can't.

Can anyone suggest a similar pair of bins that have a faster focus wheel but more importantly turn anti-clockwise to infinity?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

I'm OK with focussing in both directions and it simply doesn't register which on the binoculars I try. My Opticron Classic is anti-clockwise but beyond that I'm not much help. However, Looksharp has been collating focus direction. If you search the thread for a particular model the info might be there.
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=180418

David

Last edited:
Hi David

It probably shouldn't bug me as much as it does but I will check out the thread you've posted. Thanks

Dave

Just had a quick look through the thread, it will keep me busy for a while!

Thanks again David for the heads up

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back