• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

December 2004 'MYSTERY PRIZE' Competition - HOLIDAY CARD! (1 Viewer)

IanF

For this months theme we are having 'Holiday Card'.

This is a 'Mystery Prize' competition. Details of the pize will be announced after closing of entries, but rest assured it will be of high quality and birding related :t:

Slightly different from the December competition last year as this time around we are accepting -
either a painting/drawing or a photograph - of a bird or birds which must feature prominently as the main subject matter i.e. one entry per member.

Two 'extras' can be included which are limited to - a few words and the addition of a border.

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification - they will be rigidly enforced - the Moderators decision is final.

Rules -

1. Entrants must have been a member prior to 1st December 2004.​
2. One entry per member.​
3. Entry to be uploaded between December 1st-21st midnight GMT.​
4. Your entry must include a bird or birds as the main subject matter.​
5. Your entry must be your own work - either a photograph or a painting/drawing.​
6. Once uploaded it is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another. However, you have until the closing date/time of this competition to ensure that your entry meets criteria.​
7. The entry must not have previously been submitted in a competition on this site.​
8. Details of photo equipment if used to be included or artistic medium used if drawn i.e. pastel crayon, pencil, acrylic etc...​
9. Two 'extras' can be included which are limited to - a few words and the addition of a border.

The prize will be awarded to the entry attracting the highest number of votes. If a tie then Admin/Moderators will decide the winner. Moderators are excluded from winning the prize.​

On closing of the competition entries will be moved to the appropriate Gallery Forums.

Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions 2004 gallery.

A voting booth will be posted after December 21st - all qualifying entries will be added.

As this is a prize competition comments on entries are not permitted until after voting has taken place.

Limits on image size and kb are determined by the Gallery limits.

Last edited:
No comments allowed Dec 2004

Ian just seen your rules NO COMMENTS allowed I hope this doesn't disqualify Brown Creeper cos people have made comments...will you delete the comments???

Eagle

Is it OK to submit a photo that has been enhanced if it is digital? Also, is the point intended to be that we are creating a Christmas card? I love the idea, but I'm a little confused. Sue

Yes on both points. If your entry is a photo then it can be enhanced.

The term 'holiday' card was used as not everyone celebrates in the same way around the world, but in some areas a 'christmas card' is appropriate - but only within the rules of what you may wish to add or not in respect of a border and text.

Looks as if a few people havn't read rule 9 properly.

9. Two 'extras' can be included which are limited to - a few words and the addition of a border.

Last edited:
Entry info.

Hi Ian. Do we just put our entry in this thread. It said to put it in Dec 2004 Mystery Prize competition.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back