• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwings Dudley (1 Viewer)

hughie king

Report of at least? 6 Waxwings at Kate's Hill Primary School, Dixons Green Dudley, near Warrens Hall CP at 4 this afternoon.
Any more info from finder?

Hughie King.

Hi all,
I was not the Finder but i was in the area today so had a quick look.No sign in half hour.
Good birding YAMYAM

Hi Hughie it was me who saw the waxwings, I was talking to the caretaker of the school concerning work, when I first heard and then saw them fly Into rowan trees along the perimeter, they were their briefly and were then flushed by a mistle thrush. I have visited the site several times daily since but have had no further sign of them. cheers simon

ps had a phone call on Thursday to say that a non birder had reported about 5 starling sized pinky coloured birds with crests by the middle pool in pensnett sometime on Wednesday, same birds ?. They have moved between these two sites in previous invasion years.

Last edited:
Hi Hughie it was me who saw the waxwings, I was talking to the caretaker of the school concerning work, when I first heard and then saw them fly Into rowan trees along the perimeter, they were their briefly and were then flushed by a mistle thrush. I have visited the site several times daily since but have had no further sign of them. cheers simon

Nice one Simon.

Hughie.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back