• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baer's Pochard at Chiang Saen (1 Viewer)

gandytron

For anybody who has not picked up on this news elsewhere, there was a drake Baer's Pochard seen yesterday (19th Jan) at Chiang Saen.

The species is becoming harder and harder to see in Thailand (no records last year as far as I am aware, and only ones and twos in the few years before that).

I just have to hope it sticks a while as I'm not free to go until early Feb.

Baer´s Pochard

Hi:

I return to Spain yesterday from a 15 days birding trip to Thailand with 3 more spanish birders friends. The thursday 4 of December we saw 3 Baer´s Pochard at Chiang Saen lake, one male and 2 juvenile/female?. I didn´t read about observations of Baer´s Pochard this winter yet. I made some photos but the quality is poor because the bird was too far with a groups of Ferruginious Duck. The observers: Javier Train, Alfonso Rodrigo, Gonzalo Lage and Antonio Ceballos.

Sorry because my english is not too very well¡

Attachments

• baeri.jpg
    baeri.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 142
  • baeri2.jpg
    baeri2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 150
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back