• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So How Is Your 2005 List Going (1 Viewer)

StevieEvans

Little Gull added this afternoon.

158 Bou +2 UK (150 bou + 1 Self found)

89 Bou + 1 Local Patch ( 88 bou Self found)
(Houghton-Hetton Local Patch total of 108+1 recorded in 2005)

157 Bou + 2 CountyDurham (150 bou + 1 Self found)
(County Total of 173+2 recorded so far)

SE.

Last edited:
158 Bou +2 UK
89 Bou + 1 Local Patch (108+1 recorded in 2005)
157 Bou + 2 Co.Durham (173+2 recorded so far)

OK, I need some translation (newbe). What does Bou mean, and why is the total in brackets more than the total stated previously in the same line?

Certainly my list is a little shorter. I've had 15 species at my feeder in 2005, but then again it's only been above freezing a couple of days in that time. I think my total for my area this year (casual observations mostly) is 23. Your 173 is getting close to my life list. Good stuff.

Cheers,
Scott

83. Red-winged Blackbird
84. Trumpeter Swan
85. Green-winged Teal
86. Belted Kingfisher

86 for Missouri this year

SE, you would have loved it in Minnesota. A friend an I saw 21 Great Gray Owls, 11 Northern Hawk Owls and one Snowy Owl.

Managed to add a nice armchair tick on Thursday - Waxwing! landed in a neighbours tree, also had 4 Ravens flying East yesterday (Friday). Not sure what my total for the year so far is though, I'll have to add them up.

One good local tick ( but still failed to see the Bittern on my local patch !! ) followed by a wet day in Cheshire has netted me a few more year ticks ....

126 - Grey Partridge . ( A good Shropshire tick this one ! )
127 - Bewick's Swan .
128 - Hen Harrier .
129 - Smew .
130 - Spotted Redshank .
131 - Little Owl .
132 - Short-eared Owl .

Good day in Cheshire but we did dip on both Firecrest & Pallas's Warbler , ah well ....
Well up on last year ( took me until April to hit 130 ) and I still have a Norfolk trip to add yet !!!

Looks like the original Year List thread is kaput too with post-December threads lost for good so shall we start a new official thread?

Andrew said:
Looks like the original Year List thread is kaput too with post-December threads lost for good so shall we start a new official thread?

May as well use this one? Stevie can ask admin to change the title to something like the original one.

I've only got two county ticks so far in February (which i can't think of at the moment!)

These go back to about a week ago.

144. Black-crowned Night-Heron
145. Great Horned Owl
146. Green-rumped Parrotlet (lifer)
147. Neotropic Cormorant (lifer)
148. Scarlet Ibis (lifer)
149. Peregrine Falcon (lifer)

There are a few pending IDs that I should be able to add soon.

Visited Marshside today for the high tide and as well as the usual waders there was an early Avocet there - bringing my 05 list to a sad 80! oh well still another 10 months to add a few more.

SimonC said:
May as well use this one? Stevie can ask admin to change the title to something like the original one.

I've only got two county ticks so far in February (which i can't think of at the moment!)
Makes sense Simon!

HEY YOU MODS!!! PLEASE MODIFY THE TITLE FOR US YOU LOVELY GUYS/GALS!

As for myself, still on 158.

Had a cracking morning doing my WeBS count on the local cut and found a female Red-crested Pochard which was a lifer for my local (WeBS) patch list along with Peregrine. Only had four or five lifers last year and BANG, two on one day!

Last edited:
Some good(ish) additions today

56: Redwing
57: Mistle Thrush
58: Great Black-backed Gull
59: Pintail
60: Whooper Swan
61: Curlew
62: Snipe
63: Tree Sparrow

Still no Yellowhammer, Common Gull or Gadwall which are usually gimme's considering where i go.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back