• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Haughton Green Flash-low water-help needed (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
As many will know the water level at Haughton Green Flash is dropping at an alarming rate. It is a stopping off place for Black Neck Grebes and is also important for other species.
Beneath the flash are 2 bore holes/drain offs for United Utilities to take water for public consumption. Adjacent are underground wells etc. which naturally allow water to drain.
I have spent some time speaking to United Utilities and have now agreed a meeting with the "Catchment Area Manager" to discuss the problem.

I need another head (or 2) to accompany me at this meeting. Some knowledge of the area/problem would be helpful.
Please respond via this thread or pm.
Regards
(I may post this in other sections of BF if appropriate)

David,

When is the planned date for this meeting?
CB

I am waiting for them to give me some dates.........she said it would be within the next week or so.
I have told her that Monday or Tuesday is best for me as I have several hospital appointments coming up. I can be more flexible e.g. Wednesday or Thursday p.m.

Haughton Green Flash...situation update

United Utilities (Kate Snow) have asked me to email her with my "questions" by which I assume she means what issues do I want to raise. They will then work out who should be involved and can then come up with some dates...............
So............if anyone feels they can contribute wishes to contact me iether via this thread or by pm please do so.
It doesn't matter if you cannot or do not wish to attend the meeting.........I need to present some facts and/or concerns.
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back