• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Belarus (1 Viewer)

mjk

I am going in the end of May for a short trip to Belarus.
It is quite hard to find any information about birding opportunites
in this country. Did anybody visted recently this country?

Hi there, I live just over the border in Lithuania - though I have never birded in Belarus, I can give you some pointers if nobody else comes up with anything in the next days. Are you going to be based in Minsk or further south?

Jos Stratford said:
Hi there, I live just over the border in Lithuania - though I have never birded in Belarus, I can give you some pointers if nobody else comes up with anything in the next days. Are you going to be based in Minsk or further south?
Thanks for respond. I visited a few years ago Lithuania, but unfortunately at this time I was not interested in birding yet.
I don't have any specific plan of my trip yet. I will cross border from Poland and I will stop
in Grodno. Later maybe I will go to Minsk. I am going alone and my schedule is very flexible.
I will wellcome any hints regarding birdwatching in Belarus. They are so many marshes in Belarus but I know that access to these places could be difficult.
Thanks
Mark

mjk said:
I will wellcome any hints regarding birdwatching in Belarus. They are so many marshes in Belarus but I know that access to these places could be difficult.
Thanks
Mark

May is an excellent time in this part of the world, in Poland too. PM nearer the time and I'll forward more detailed info, but in short try to find some fish pools - these are bird-rich and much easier to access than the vast marshes. my local patch (30 km from Belarus border) is full of top-class birds in May, incl Citrine Wagtails, Marsh Sandpiper, Wh-t Eagle, Lsr Sp Eagle, breeeding Whooper Swan, both white-winged terns, Bluethroat, Hoopoe and a thousand etc etc. Red-backed Shrikes etc are common everywhere and many other birds too.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back