• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bino-Pac binocular harness (1 Viewer)

A2GG

Beth
United States
Ever since I purchased the Trinovid 8x42 I have been trying to find a good binocular harness. I had the Leupold quick release elastic type for about 4 years and have been using it with the Trinovid.

I tried the Rick Young ultra light harness (reviewed on another thread) which is a nice concept using the shock-cord and a decent harness in general , but I discontinued using it, as I preferred the Leupold overall.

The Trinovid is a rather heavy binocular. Recently I watched a youtube review (which seemed more like an advertisement) of the 8x42 Trinovid where the reviewer referred to it as "compact and light weight"... light weight ???? He also called it the "Trinovid HD"... HD ???

Anyhoo ... my shoulders and neck have some soreness when out for a while in the field (in part due to craning my neck looking for those warblers), so I decided to try one more brand of binocular harness/strap. I chose the Bino-Pac and picked the black one: https://www.binopac.com/shop. It is also available on Amazon where I purchased it.

For me, it's a better choice than the elastic type harness.

It's more comfy, fits better and the binocular doesn't feel like it is pulling/tugging on the strap like it does with the elastic strap.

The strap is one size and seems to be made for big burly hunters. I have it on the tightest setting and it fits nice with some extra room. It is easy to adjust quickly if needed. I used the connectors from the Rick Young harness to connect my binocular to the Bino-Pac straps.

Just wanted to write something short up in case anyone is in search of a decent strap.

Last edited:
Hi Beth

Is it easy to adjust the strap length so the bins aren't hanging down by your knees?

Has this helped with your sore neck issue?

Lee

Hi Beth

Is it easy to adjust the strap length so the bins aren't hanging down by your knees?

Has this helped with your sore neck issue?

Lee

Only the harness itself can be adjusted for fit. The straps that connect to
the binocular are at a set length. My binocular hangs at about the same spot
(Maybe a little lower) it used to when I wore the elastic one. It's under
my chest (which is good), but by like 2 or 3 inches I believe. So, it does hang
a little lower than I'd like, but this is partially due to the connectors I used adding some
extra length. I could try and change that.

I've had less soreness and have used it two weekends so far. I'm still a little sore, but both Mondays (when the soreness really sets in) I have felt noticeably better than I used to.

It's not a miracle, but it is def. an improvement.

I need to correct something I said in the original post:
I mentioned the strap is one size (totally wrong wording ), but it is fully adjustable and
can fit large and small frames. I was adjusting while wearing
it and thought it had a stopping point which was not quite tight enough for me , but tonight I adjusted it
while not wearing it and found it can be adjusted more tightly. Now I
have it set nicely.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back