• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

coolpix 4500 deals? (1 Viewer)

peteh

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has spotted any good deals on the coolpix 4500 yet?
I did see one at warehouse express where they dropped the price to 489 but it was only for the weekend just gone.

Has anyone spotted anymore?
Thanks
Pete.

ooo thats a grey import aint it,
and you might have to pay import duty on it...
think I will steer clear of that one .
thanks though.
hopefully tomorrow the 4500 will plummet in price :)
Pete.

south west optics have dropped the price to 489
but only applicable from 1st march

(dont want to chance 400 quid on an ebay auction :)

What is included in the South West Optics deal? Have you tried Kelkoo for comparison, some firms offer good packages such as extra free software and additional memory cards. I will keep you posted if you keep me posted as I am lookign to buy a 4500. I saw a 990 today and did not like it compared to the 4500.

Hello andrew
nothing is included unfortunately, just your bog standard stuff.
I also noticed in warehouse express they have that wierd weekend deal on for the 4500 it too is at 489.
Think I will get mine from south west and just try and pick up a compact flash 256 mb card from ebay for about 40 quid.
:)
really want to get mine now, I was watching a male eider today he was screaming to be digiscoped :))
heh

I have seen some at £514 at best on the price search sites but nothing to beat South West Optics. It is a wrench having to wait till March though. Where did you get this info about the March price. Have you tried some of the links to guernsey accessory shops mentioned somewhere on this forum, supposed to be good for cheap battery packs, memory cards, etc... I have posted an email to someone asking about the camera and connector, will keep you posted.

PS : If you have a Jessops they say they will match any price you are quoted so you could save on postage there.

Andrew where did you find out about the Jessops offer, I am hoping to buy one early March and from Jessops, as its the local shop, and not that expensive (also have my current Digi Cam to trade in). But if they will match prices I will search for the cheapest and take it to them.

That's what the dealer said to me on Wednesday. I went in today and tested them by throwing in a fake price of £514 with 32MB card extra and free accessories and they were quick to match it so I reckon I can squeeze a few more quid off them.

Ashley

try www.parkcameras.co.uk there in sussex 4500 £469 i know there not near you but are an excellent company puker nikon dealer and jessops should match there prices , i brought my nikon from park cameras there service is excellent

Aye I ordered mine on wednesday from southwest optics
with my scope, Im like a little kid waiting for christmas :)))
heh

I went into Jessops yesterday and quoted Park Camera and told them they would offer me the camera for £468 and they agreed. I then told them I could get the 128 Mb Lexar Compact 12x Flash card extra for £504.99 and it worked. Actually the original deal was a basic 128Mb card. Got a USB reader and Lowepro case cheap too.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back