• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bushnell tripod (1 Viewer)

holam_4

Has anyone tried on tripod manufactured by bushnell or bausch & lomb? I am interested in it but I wanna to heard some comments on it before gotting one.

I looked at the Bushnell titanium tripod at a local shop. Great potential but leg locks not lever lock and comes with an El Cheapo head. Also does not seem readily adaptable/compatible with Manfrotto heads. 1/4 inch stud may or may not be reversable to 3/8. Maybe newer models have improved. Titanium would seem to be an ideal material for lightweight tripods.

sorry as i am a new to tripod, what is "1/4 inch stud may or may not be reversable to 3/8" mean? Is it different scope models require different stud sizes? actually can spotting scope share the same tripod with ordinary DC?

Tripod mounting stud is how head is attached to tripod. Some tripods have a fitting with one end 1/4 inch and other end 3/8 inch to accomodate different heads (reversable). Most optical equipment uses 1/4 inchx 20 thread on stud. Better heads mount to tripod with 3/8x20 stud.

Is DC digital camera?

thx for your little techtalk on tripod
and you got it right, DC is digital camera!
can spotting scope share the same tripod with ordinary digital camera?

DC and SS (spotting scope) sharing

holam_4 said:
thx for your little techtalk on tripod
and you got it right, DC is digital camera!
can spotting scope share the same tripod with ordinary digital camera?
Both DC and SS can use the same tripod mount as 1/4 inch x 20 thread size is nearly universal. Sharing at the same time would require an adapter. Just tell your DC and SS to get along and take turns. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back