• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

China/Sillem's Mountain Finch,Biddulphs Ground jay (1 Viewer)

woodrip

Seeking companions for a two week trip to Western China in July 2015. Using Chinese guides and 4 x 4 vehicles but the aim is to do the trip as economical as is possible.The main focus is to see the two birds highlighted.

Hi Dave, as discussed, very interested.

For those who doesn't know Dave, he has organised several very successful independent budget trips to remote parts of China in recent years (e.g. see Hornbuckle's recent China trip reports on Cloudbirders - Dave did all the organising!). This should be a great opportunity to see some excellent birds in very remote places, on a cost-sharing basis. We are also talking about including a few days in Lhasa to see the Tibet endemics.

Cheers
Duncan

Rough cost estimate?

A difficult question. Best to think of it as an opportunity to visit these areas as cheaply as possible. If I can give an example the 2013 trip I organised for friends can be seen on cloudbirders. Jon Hornbuckle China 2013. That trip cost me (inc. internal flights etc) approx $1500.

I may be interested with the caveat: if areas visited provide wild Yak, Tibetan Antelope and (at least theoretically) Snow Leopard.

I may be interested with the caveat: if areas visited provide wild Yak, Tibetan Antelope and (at least theoretically) Snow Leopard.
Harris & Loggers 2004. Status of Tibetan plateau mammals in Yeniugou, China. Wildl Biol 10(2): 91–99. [pdf]

Harris, Pletscher, Loggers & Miller 1999. Status and trends of Tibetan plateau mammalian fauna, Yeniugou, China. Biol Conserv 87(1): 13–19. [pdf]

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back