• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cicadabird "Coracina sula" (1 Viewer)

MMSLouis

United States
I am interested in knowing what this particular sp. looks like. Does anyone know of any published references or field guides that would include it? or any published pictures on the web? That would be greatly helpful. This bird has been listed as endangered but apparently isn't included in the Threatened Birds/2001. It is endemic to the islands of Sula, which are two is. located east of Celebes (Sulawesi) in Indonesia. It is in the family Campephagidae.

Hiya

Birds of Wallacea by David Bishop and Brian Coates. Plate 43, page 404. It is a fairly standard looking Cicadabird, although the male and female are quite similar

common on Taliabu, Indonesia. I think there will be some stuff published from the University of East Anglia survey there in 94

Tim
Tim

Thank you!

Thank you for telling me this

Tim Allwood said:
Hiya

Birds of Wallacea by David Bishop and Brian Coates. Plate 43, page 404. It is a fairly standard looking Cicadabird, although the male and female are quite similar

common on Taliabu, Indonesia. I think there will be some stuff published from the University of East Anglia survey there in 94

Tim
Tim

no problem
a pleasure

don't think there are any pix on the net so i digi photographed my field guide for you!

Tim

Attachments

• scDSCN0456.JPG
    scDSCN0456.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 312
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back