• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information wanted on scanners (1 Viewer)

I want to buy a reasonably cheap film scanner to scan in my 35mm trannies. I have found what I think are 2 good ones on the internet, but I would like some input from anyone who uses one of these models before making a decision. The 2 are Microtek filmscan 2700 and Reflecta Crystalscan 3600. On paper the Reflecta has the highest specs, but I can't find much information on it.
help please.
jackie

Looking on the web I found the Reflecta CrystalScan 2700 on sale for around £150.
Reflecta I know make slide projectors but this move into scanners is new to me. Personally I think I would have a look at make more associated with scanners such as Canon, HP, Epson. I had a look at Warehouse Express.com and they have a better spec. Epson scanner - The EPSON Perfection 3170 Photo at £139 for instance.

• 3200dpi resolution for picture perfect reproduction
• EPSON Scan tool including Colour Restoration and Dust Removal
• Built-in Transparency Unit also supports 12 x 35mm frames or medium format film
• Includes Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 2.0, NewSoft Presto!
• BizCard 4.0LE and ABBYY FineReader 5.0 Sprint software
• 4 Quickstart buttons plus a power switch
• USB 2.0 high speed connection

Or check out the CanoScan 8400F at £159. Another which is in your price range.

• 3200 x 6400dpi, 48 bit colour depth
• FAU - 12 x 35mm transparencies
• FARE Level 3 dust/scratch removal for film
• Super-fast scan engine
• Complete software package
• USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
• 4 EZ buttons
• Fast Multi-photo mode

I use scanners from both these manufacturers and I have found them to perform very well both turning out top notch scans.
I hope this helps you a little anyway. javva

No pressure...honest..but if you are interested I have a virtually unused...6 or so slides through it...Dual Scan 1V...really good I think.....it really is as new...read up about it and if you are interested £75 including postage. Revles....If you are not interested it's there for anyone who is...obviously within this country.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back