• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bill oddie goes wild repeats (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
afternoon all,just been flicking through this weeks listings for channel 144[uktv gardens] and noticed repeats of bill oddie goes wild are to be shown today through till thursday.you get two progs repeated three times daily starting at 12.00,then18.00 and lastly at 00.00.not sure what series they are from but did notice progs from the new forest,london,a village called urchfont and north norfolketc.matt [still not a proper birder,but will be soon?].

Matt,

You lucky so and so having that channel. Can see that all of us left with the old format are missing out here. Glad they are being re-shown. Sorry to show my ignorance is channel 144 part of the Sky package of Freeview? Happen the BBC is making money selling on programmes to other companies. If so, we want more wildlife programmes on traditional tv.

Thanks for notifying everyone, I only check the 5 standard channels.

Ann Chaplin

greetings anne, not to sure about 144 being freeview as its quite a recent channel.my guess is you need sky digital.i dont subscribe myself,just rely on my folks to record stuff for me as and when.i believe its an ''offspring to uktv style''.matt[one day i'll be a brilliant ornothologist]?

I watched a couple of them yesterday and they were from 2002. I dont know if the whole series is tho

Last edited:
Thanks Matt,

2 nature programmes a day can't be bad can it? If you have missed any of the Bill Oddie programmes you could set your video for all of them and have them all on one tape. More organised than the BBC I have all kinds of programmes on any one tape and if I want to watch a specific one, have to search whole tape and guess what? I frequently record over the nature programmes with something else. I try to keep a list in the tape box but inevitably watch some programmes before others and have to start using another one.

Sometime I must curb my addiction to BirdForum and watch some tapes, I have about (don't laugh) 40 tapes in piles waiting to be watched. I keep running out of tapes. Have to watch them all I might miss something I really did mean to watch. Like the Tiger Trade programme tonight.

Ann

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back